Thursday, February 11, 2010

Vintage Valentine

Good day everyone!

With Valentine's day only a few days away, I thought that I would post some of the cards that I've made in the last couple of weeks.  I will try to post one a day until Sunday! My own little blogging challenge this week! lol

Today's cards are from my January Stamp club.

This eyelet flower embellishment was shown to us in Phoenix at Leadership Convention.  This card is cased from the one I saw on the display board.  I love how you can use it on a card or on a scrapbook layout.  I also like how it looks like lace.



The second card I designed with the thought that I would try to make it Vintage.  I loved all the projects that Shelli (Stampin' Up! CEO and co-founder) showed us in Phoenix.  I have always been a little scared to try it, probably because my style is more "clean".  I really liked how it turned out and my club members loved making it.



I always try to find some ways to re-use scraps and what not.  This time, I decided to use some of the packaging paper that comes with SU orders. 

This card format is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". We used the I {love} Love jumbo wheel on the packaging paper.  First we inked it on a Chocolate Chip Classic ink pad, then "wheeled" it on the paper.  We crumpled the paper up and then smoothed it back before sponging the edges. 
Other items used: NEW scallop trim border punch (that you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-bration!), NEW Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Scalloped Hearts of Hearts embosslit, Full heart punch, "Love You Much" from the Well Scripted stamp set. 

LOVE the Chocolate Chip, Kraft & Real Red combo!

Here is a closer look...

I have lots more ideas for Vintage style projects that I will be sharing! I am even planning a class for April!


Want more information on joining a Stamp club!? Email me

It's a beautiful sunny winter day here in Ottawa! Hope you are enjoying some sun wherever you are :-)

That's it for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment