Friday, February 26, 2010

Paper Punches...A Crafter's Must Have!

For a while now, I have been playing around with some ideas about personal challenges when it comes to my blog.  I tend to blog many days in a row and then not for a week, and then again a few days, and then absent for another week ( or two)...well you get the drift! 

I thought that I could be a more consistent blogger if I set up some regular challenges for myself. Every Friday, I will feature a tool or crafting tip. 

So...Welcome all to the first of my "Tool Tip Fridays"!

Today's featured tool, is the paper punch. 


Stampin' Up! has wonderful paper punches and the best part is that some of them coordinate with a stamp set.  Very often do I hear a customer of mine, at a class or workshop, ask "Is there a punch that goes with that set?"  Especially when I am making them cut shapes with their scissors! *smile*

Punched shapes are great to add detail to your cards, scrapbook layouts or any paper projects.  You can create fun characters like this little bunny.

You can find instructions to make this bunny box on Amy Celona's blog.











You can create a faux embossed look like in this card: 


By layering punched shapes of one color on top of the same color, it gives it an embossed look.  Here I used the word window punch and adhere them to the bottom part of my card.


It sorta looks like a brick wall, don't you think?

You can also use punches to create embellishements, like flowers.  This flower was created by punching out 3 scallop circle in Pretty in Pink cardstock.  The cardstock was first stamped with the En Francais background stamp.  I sponged the edges, scrunched them (very technical term! lol), layered them and then pierced a hole to but a brad in to secure them together.  I used a pop up glue dot to adhere a button in the middle of my flower, on top of my brad.

Sale-A-Bration 2010 is the perfect time to start your collection! When you order $65 in punches or other Stampin' Up! products, you can earn the NEW Scallop Trim Border Punch!  It's like a Buy 3 get one FREE deal!

To find punches in my store, click HERE, go to TOOLS, then PUNCHES. You'll love the selection! All grey ones are the new design from the Occasions Mini catalogue! Select any 3 at $22.95 AND you'll be able to select the Scallop Trim punch, or a stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure FREE!

Have any questions about some of the products used? Just email me!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment