This is based on a swap card a friend received at the Leadership Conference a few weeks back. This simple technique creates a new effect with your embossing folders by inking them with a brayer!
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Bring on the Cake (W121899/C121958)
- Ink: Soft Suede (115657)
- Paper: Bashful Blue (105120), Very Vanilla (101650), Crumb Cake (120953)
- Accessories:), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Basic Pearls , Marina Mist 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon (119965)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (120175) , Decorative Label Punch (120907), Modern Label Punch (119849), Brayer (102395)
- Crumb Cake
- 5.5 x 8.5 for card base
- Bashful Blue
- 4 x 5.25 for mat
- Scrap for mat on greeting
- Very Vanilla
- 3.75 x 5 for embossed panel
- Scrap for greeting
- Using brayer, ink up embossing folder. Be sure to pay attention to which side you are inking. Here, the "flat side" was inked to get the background inked. Also, you want to really ink it up!
- Run through the Big Shot as normal and you'll have a fun and funky background.
- Cut and fold card base in half.
- Create ink embossed panel as above. Attach Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon as shown.
- Adhere embossed panel to Bashful Blue mat with SNAIL and then adhere to card base.
- Stamp "birthday wishes" greeting in Soft Suede Classic on Very Vanilla and punch with Decorative Label.
- Punch Modern Label out of Bashful Blue and cut in half. Layer on back of Decorative Label with greeting. Attach to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Top off greeting piece with Basic Pearls as shown.
I still have 1 spot left for my stamper's techniques card club starting on February 23rd. Email me for all the details!