Cupcakes are one of the hottest trends in papercrafting, and the new build a Cupcake punch is perfect for creating these little cuties on your cards and scrapbook pages. One of the best parts of the cupcake is the frosting, so this week's technique will help you step you your cupcakes with a bit of heat embossing.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: So Happy For You (Earn it free during Sale-A-Bration!)
- Ink:Real Red Classic (103133), Versamark (102283)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Pink Pirouette (111351), Soft Suede (115318), Red Glimmer Paper (121790)
- Accessories: Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (119768), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), White Embossing Powder (109132), Dazzling Diamonds (102023)
Tools: 2 ½ Circle Punch (120906), Build A Cupcake Punch (121807) Paper Crimper Tool (101618), Heat Tool (100005)
- Pink Pirouette
- 8.5 x 5.5 for card base
- Whisper White
- Scrap for punched circle
- Soft Suede
- Strip for cupcake bottom
- Glimmer Paper
- Scrap for punched cherry
- Using a small container mix together equal parts of White Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds. Be sure to mix them well.
- Take punched out "top" of cupcake and apply Versamark. Cover with embossing powder/dazzling diamonds mixture and tap off excess. Heat and set with Heat Tool.
- Allow to cool and repeat to build up frosting.
- Fold cardbase in half.
- Take piece of Soft Suede cardstock and run through paper crimmer. Punch out bottom of cupcake.
- Punch cherry out of glimmer paper.
- Punch circle out of Whisper White and stamp greeting towards bottom in Red Classic.
- Attach bottom of cupcake to circle using SNAIL, attach top using a Stampin' Dimensional and the cherry with a glue dot.
- Add ribbon to card base using SNAIL. Cut off at left edge and cut on angle towards the right hand edge.