Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Teacher's Gift and Card

Today I want to show you the gift we got for Owen's teacher. I know that I have posted a similar card HERE, but I wanted to show you how you can get inspiration for colors in different places such as magazines, home decor, or in this case, fabric.


I found this beautiful silk scarf, which I knew Owen's teacher would absolutely love, and wanted to purchase a cute gift bag to put it in. The color of the scarf is very similar to Stampin' Up! Kraft (newly named Crumb Cake). While walking around Indigo, I saw this lunch bag that was Very Vanilla with Cameo Coral, Crumb Cake and So Saffron. 
On the way home, I was already thinking of what I would do for the card.   I remembered that I had some retired SU designer paper called Walk in the Park that had a patterned sheet of Cameo Coral.  I also thought that the Kind & Caring Thoughts stamp set (2009-2010 Hostess level 3 set) would be perfect for it!  Here is the card close up...

Supplies
Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts (in French)
Ink: Cameo Coral
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Paper: Bella Bleu, Walk in the Park (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (available July 1st), Top Note Bigz Die, dimensionals, Lots of Tags sizzlits, Scallop edge punch, 1/16" hand held punch, paper cutter, snail adhesive

I apologise for the quality of the pictures..I still need to learn about lighting....apparently *wink*

So what do you think!? Next time you are looking for inspiration, pick up a magazine, look at the art that is in your home or go into your closet.  I bet you will be inspired : )

Wishing you all a great day!



P.S. Don't forget that today is the last day to order from the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalogue.  I will be placing an order later this evening.  If there are some retiring stamps sets or accessories that you want, get them before they are gone forever! Email me your order before 6pm (EST).  I can deliver to anywhere in Canada.  To see the Last Chance lists, click here and here.  To Shop Now, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment