Friday, June 4, 2010

May Stamp Club Projects Using Pastels

For last month's stamp club, a member asked me to teach techniques using pastels.  I was quite happy because frankly, I just don't use them enough...and I should! Pastels are great if you want to achieve a soft look. 

 Here is what I mean....

 We used the Popping Pastels technique.  Here are the steps for this card;
  1. Stamp your image on Whisper White with Versamark.  I find it works best with a bold   stamp.  Here we used the Medallion stamp.
  2. Take your Stampin' pastels and a sponge dauber and in a tapping motion add the pastel color to the versamarked image that you stamped on the paper. The pastel powder on the sponge will stick to the image. Only do one image at a time so it stays sticky.  On this card I used Elegant Eggplant in the middle, then Orchid Opulence and finally, Pale Plum on the outside. 
  3. I added a strip of Elegant Eggplant that I punched with the scallop trim border punch (which will be available in the Catalogue on July 1st!) and then added a piece of white organza ribbon.
  4. I then layered it on my Orchid Opulence card base.  This card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" and fits perfectly in the medium square envelops.
  5. I stamped the sentiment from Sincere Salutations, in Pale Plum on Whisper White, then punched it out using the large oval punch.  I then layered it on a piece of Elegant Eggplant which was punched with the scallop oval punch.  I popped it with some dimensionals.
 We also used pastels on the second card but this time in a very different way. 


 Can you spot the pastels!?  This technique is called Shimmery Pastels and I found the tutorial on Tami  White's blog.  It is very subtle but creates a beautiful effect.  Here, we used it on the butterflies.  Look more closely...


 If you would like to join one of my stamp clubs, or even gather some of your friends and make up your own club, you can find more information HERE!

 If you live in the Ottawa or surrounding area, I will have 2 new clubs starting in September.   If you are interested, drop me a line at 613.800.2117 or email me :)

 Have a great day everyone!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment