Thursday, November 26, 2009

Simple Dasher Card with Matching Envelope!

Today I want to start off by wishing all of you American readers out there a very Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all get to enjoy some down time with your family and friends!

Now I thought I would share another card that we made at my Christmas card class last week.  It is another card using the Dasher stamp (# 116816).  I used a layout from a SCS challenge from a couple of weeks ago.

I started with two 2 1/2" squares of designer paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper and then layered them on top of two 2 5/8"  squares of Real Red cardstock to create a frame.  The base of the card is my favorite,  Kraft cardstock,  which I sponged the edges in Close to Cocoa.  I stamped the Dasher at the top of a piece of Whisper White measuring 2 1/8" x 4" . Then I inked the greeting from the Christmas Punch Set (Hostess level 2) with my Real Red marker.  I distressed the edges before I sponged them with Close to Cocoa classic ink.  Then some glitter was added to Dasher...Gotta have GLITTER!!!  Did you know that Stampin' Up's 2 way glue pen (#100425) and Dazzling Diamonds glitter (#102023) costs under $10 for both!? What an easy, pretty and inexpensive way to add some bling to your cards :)

For the envelope, I cut a piece of 5 3/4" x 2" of the designer paper, glued it to the flap, and trimmed it.  I just love when everything matches!

Hope everyone had a great day! Good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment