Monday, July 13, 2009

Technique : Sponged Sunset

This is another technique that I taught my stampers at my last Stamp Club. We made a beautiful sponged sunset. Here are the step-by-step instructions.

Step 1.
Ink the rounded part of a sponge by pressing directly on an ink pad. Here I used, in order, working myself up the cardstock, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango.

Step 2.
Use a circular motion to apply ink. Re-ink your sponge, remove excess ink and continue sponging ink randomly. Continue adding color until you have the color that you want.

Step 3.
Finish your card using your sponged background. Here I stamped the grass from the Inspired by nature stamp set in Chocolate Chip. To make it look like cat tails, I used the Horizontal Slot Punch to punch out the shapes in Chocolate Chip and then glued them on with the 2 way glue pen.

Supplies
Stamp set:
Inspired by Nature, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango (retired)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango (retired)
Accessories: Wide Oval Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Hemp twine, Stamping Sponges, Sticky Strip












Live in the Ottawa area? Want to learn new techniques to make cool projects like this? Sign up for one of my Stamp clubs, or better yet, get 5 or 6 of your friends together to make up your own. Every month, a different member gets the hostess benefits (one stamp set and at least $20 of FREE products).

Contact me today for more details!



No comments:

Post a Comment