Friday, July 3, 2009

Animal Stories and Tall Tales

One of the perks of being a demonstrator is that we get the opportunity to order some sneak peeks before a new catalogue comes out! Interested!?! Check out the NEW Starter Kit available as of July 15th here!
One of the sets that I preordered is called Animal Stories. I know that I will use this set ALOT...it's so cute! I FINALLY got to play with my new stuff yesterday. Here is what I came up with:



Supplies
Stamp sets:
Animal Stories, Fundamental Phrases
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron, Whisper White, Old Olive,
Paper: Tall Tales Designer Paper
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin’ marker, Scallop Edge Punch, ¼” Grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron, Word Window Punch, Stamping sponges

I wanted to try something other than my regular 4 ¼” x 5 ½” card format so I made this one 3”x6”. I love it!
I used some Tall Tales Designer Paper for the background and detailed it by using the Scallop Edge Punch (on sale this week!). The paper determined the colors: So Saffron, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. The giraffe was inked in So Saffron and then using my Chocolate Chip Stampin’ marker, I colored in the details right on my stamp before stamping it on my Whisper White cardstock. I love the soft look that it gives the image.

The next one was made using the elephant image from the same stamp set and another sheet from the Tall Tales paper. This one is really colorful! Again I used the So Saffron, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip but this time added some Rose Red to add some punch and to coordinate with the background paper.



Supplies
Stamp sets:
Animal Stories, Happy Everything
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, Rose Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Paper: Tall Tales Designer Paper
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, 5/8” Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon , Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stamping sponges

What do you think? Leave me a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment