Thursday, March 11, 2010

February Stamp Club card - Folded Paper Frame

Today I want to share with you a card that was made at our February Stamp club.  This "Folded Paper Frame" technique was featured on Splitcoaststampers a month or so ago.  I knew that my customers would love this because you can use it on a card or on a scrapbook layout.

Here is the card we made:


The base of the card was cut out by running Old Olive cardstock and the squallop square clear die through the Bigshot.  A layer of So Saffron cardstock, measuring 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" was adhere to the base. To make the square frame, I started with a piece of Sweet Pea DP measuring 4" x 4".  You can find the tutorial on how to make the frame HERE

Before I adhered the frame to the card front, I stamped a piece of 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" Naturals Vanilla with the stem image from the Great Friend stamp set in Old Olive.  I also stamped the butterfly image, from the same stamp set, in Tempting Turquoise on a scrap piece of Naturals Vanilla.  I cut it using my paper snips and then adhered it to the center of my frame with a dimensional.  I added a piece of Tempting Turquoise ribbon to the corner before gluing the frame to my card. 
The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. The size is perfect to fit into the Word Window punch.

I love making 4" x 4" square cards but always struggled with finding an envelope for it until... Stampin' Up came out with Glassine bags (# 117228) in the new Mini Occasions catalogue.  This fits a 4" x 4" card perfectly!
We folded the top of the bag and made a belly band to keep it closed.  See picture below...


I hope you've enjoyed today's card!  What's to come tomorrow !?! Tool Tip Friday :)

Don’t forget there is still 3 weeks left of Sale-A-Bration! Now is the time to book your workshop to receive the additional benefits that come with this exciting promotion! Also, there is still time to place your order to receive FREE stamp sets or even an exclusive punch!

Click the "Shop Online 24/7" button on the top right to Shop Now!

For more information on joining a stamp club, click HERE. There's a new one starting March 31st!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment