I saw a similar card to this one on the web. I thought this was a fantastic way to show that you can make beautiful cards with only a few products. The image was stamped with Versamark which is a clear pigment ink that gives the effect of a watermark. I think that this is one item that you should own when you are just starting out. By having the Versamark, you then have a color of ink that matches any cardstock you have on hand.
Stamps: Inspired by Nature (#111656), Teeny Tiny Wishes (# 115370)
Cardstock: Dusty Durango
Accessories: Hemp twine, Mini library clips, Dimensionals, paper cutter, adhesive
Step by step instruction:
1. Cut a sheet of 8 ½ x 11 in half length wise to give you a piece that measures 8 ½ x 5 ½. Fold in half. This is our card base.
2. Cut another piece out of the same color of cardstock measuring 4 x 5 ¼ to use as your card front.
3. Ink your stamp in the Versamark, stamp it on the 4 x 5 ¼ piece of cardstock. I stamped the grass image first, then the flower image.
4. Distress the edges of the piece of cardstock using a distress tool (or do as I do, use your scissors!)
5. Wrap a piece of hemp twine around the piece of cardstock.
6. Stamp your sentiment on a strip of scrap cardstock. Trim as desired.
7. Adhere the strip with dimensional. Add mini library clip to end.
8. Adhere your card front to the base of the card.
For an added touch, I like to stamp the envelop as well. I like when things match! *smile*