Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brayered sky and Ribbon Ruffles...

Today I am posting 2 cards.  These are definitely my favorite cards that I have made lately and I am so happy with how they turned out!

The first is a Halloween card CASE'd from Michelle Zindorf, a talented card maker who uses a brayer on all of her cards.  This card is a 3 1/4" x 6 1/2" format that I love using!  I don't have the brayer technique quite down pat but it turned out much better than I thought.  Tip: Don't have a brayer, use sponges to get the same background effect.
















Supplies
Stamps: Haunted jumbo wheel, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Pumkin Pie
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pumkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black
Accessories: Modern Punch, Word Window Punch, Brayer, Stamping sponges, ticket punch, White gel pen, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Post it notes (for masking)

I have an idea for a Halloween scrapbook page that I can't wait to use this wheel on.  Stay tuned!

This second card is one that I came upon Heather Van Duker's blog.  I saved the link so that I could try to replicate it at another time.  It uses scrunched up taffeta ribbon on a cupcake, which gives it the effect of fluffy icing!  Have a look!

What do you think!? Is this not the cutest card ever!!?!?  I made it for one of my son's friends.  Owen is attending her birthday party on Sunday.  I hope Gabrielle likes it :)

















Supplies
Stamps: Voeux Mignons
Cardstock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette (retired)
Paper: Rose Red DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: Circle scissors plus, Scallop Edge Punch, Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, half back pearl (for the Pretties Kit), 2 way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Paper Trimmer, Big Shot Cutting Machine, Top Note Die, Lots of Heart Punch, Kraft taffeta ribbon


Here is a closer look at the cupcake!

For the saying, I used the Voeux Mignons set but they only had a "Bon anniversaire" stamp and for a child I thought "Bonne Fete" was more appropriate so I took out my Chocolate Chip stampin' write marker and colored the "Bonne Fete" from the "Bonne Fete des Meres" stamp! Gotta love thoses markers!!!



Well gotta get  back to making some Christmas cards! Have a great weekend everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment