Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog world here I come!

So here I am, finally part of the Blogger world! Can you believe it? I have been thinking about doing this for a while now but I really wanted to get my Stampin’ business on its feet first. Thank you to Melissa from GreenPixelDesigns.com for designing my blog banner, watermark and signature. And of course, a BIG thank you to all my friends and family for their support!

For my first posting, I thought I would show you one of the cards that we made at the April/May Stamp clubs. I found the tutorial for the paper dahlia fold on the Splitcoast Stampers website.
I think it’s so pretty! I used some of my favorite SU colors; Taken with Teal and Old Olive. The Designer Paper is a retired one called Petals and Paisleys.




Recipe: Old Olive cardstock, Taken with Teal cardstock, Petals and Paisleys DSP, Basic Black Stampin’ pad, Yummy Stamp set, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine and Top Note Bigz Die, Non SU white grosgrain ribbon.

As some of my customers are “scrapbookers” as well as “card makers”, I decided to use the technique in a scrapbook layout as well. I have been wanting to scrapbook for years but for some odd reason, I was intimidated by it. With all of the inspiration that I get from my 2 beautiful boys I decided to tackle this silly fear of mine and so here it is…




…my first scrapbook layout! It turned out not too bad, if I do say so myself!
Now if I could only come up with a title! LOL





Recipe: Textured Kiwi Kiss 12x12 cardstock, Taken with Teal cardstock, Paper piercing tool, Petals and Paisleys DSP, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Little leaves sizzlits die, scallop edge punch, non SU white ribbon.


Want to try this technique out? Check out the tutorial at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/dahlia_fold/

And how about taking advantage of the great deal on Stampin’ Up Designer Series Paper - Buy 3, get 1 Free to create these beautiful paper dahlias! Click on the link at the top left of my blog for more details.

Well that’s it for now ! Hope you enjoyed my first post. I have lots more for you so make sure you come back!

Take care,


2 comments:

  1. Love the blog! It looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe this is your first layout!!! It looks awesome!! I love, love Teal and Olive together, so I might be a little biased here, but you did a really great job with your design. The colors complement your pictures beautifully, and I love the Dahlia fold flowers!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete