Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday Mini Swap Cards

Today I finally have some cards to share with you after being MIA for a while.  It was a pretty busy summer but a great one!  Although I did get to stamp quite a bit, I ran out of time when it came to taking pictures and posting them.  I will have to catch up so stay tuned for lots of card samples.  Now, I just have to find some time to do some scrapbooking with all the beautiful pictures we took during the summer!

Ok... on to other things!
In August, I signed up for a Holiday Mini Catalogue swap organized by Sherida, a fellow demonstrator.  As soon as I looked through the mini catalogue and saw the Delightful Decorations (116517) stamp set, with matching ornament punch, I HAD to have it!!! So that is the stamp set that I used for my swap cards.


For the first card, I used Kraft, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay color combination.  The Designer series Paper is from the new mini and it's called Christmas Cocoa Specialty (116770).  I also played with the new Frost White shimmer paint (116854).  I first inked my ornament stamp in Bermuda Bay and then with a dauber, applied some shimmer paint directly on the stamp before stamping it. The ribbon is the polka dot grosgrain ribbon.  I LOVE that it's polka-dot on one side and plain on the other!


SUPPLIES
Stamp set: Delightful Decorations, Quatuor des Fêtes
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
DSP: Christmas Cocoa Specialty
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Frost White shimmer paint, 1/2" Bermuda Bay Polka-Dot Grosgrain ribbon


The second card has a very classy look to it! I also used some paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series.  I love this paper!  It's got a velvet-y feel to it! 


This time I tried something diferent with the shimmer paint.  I used a paintbrush to apply the shimmer paint directly on my stamp, then stamped it on Real Red before punching it out witht the new Ornament Punch (116794).  Again, the sentiment is from the Quatuor des Fêtes (117643) set that is available in French, English and Spanish.


I used 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon to "hang it" and to add a little bow to the ornament.  It was then mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals.




Here is a closer look at the shimmer paint;
SUPPLIES

Stamp set: Delightful Decorations, Quatuor des Fêtes
Ink: Kraft White
Cardstock: Real Red, Black, Confetti White
DSP: Christmas Cocoa Specialty
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Frost White shimmer paint, 1/4" Black Grosgrain ribbon, paint brush


Don't you just love that stamp set!?! Leave me a comment and let me know what is favorite product in the holiday mini catalogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment