Tuesday, January 25, 2011
The day has finally arrived....it's time for Sale-A-Bration! Get ready to earn free stamps, decor elements, buttons/ribbon and paper with every purchase of $60 or more! Here's a peek of another one of the must have Sale-A-Bration stamp sets, Sweet Summer! Contact me to schedule your Sale-a-Bration event today!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Chipboard is one of those items that most people just don't know on earth they'd do with it. This week we'll cover it with Designer Series Paper and learn a few tips and tricks for making it work for you.
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: Three Little Words (113254)
- Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Pretty in Pink (101301)
- Paper: Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Early Espresso Cardstock(119686), Designer Series Paper Patterns Love (124156), Red Glimmer Paper (121790)
- Accessories: On Board Mix & Match Chipboard (119240), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430),Sponge (101610), Distressing Kit (118762), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Glue Dots (103683)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Scallop Square Duo (120903), Perfect Polkadots Embossing Folder (117335), Small Heart Punch (117193), Paper Snips (103579)
- Real Red
- 8.5 x 5.5 for card base
- Early Espresso
- 4 x 5.25 for embossed panel
- Whisper White
- 4 x 4 for scallop square
- Designer Series Paper
- 3.5 x 3.5 to cover chipboard heart
- Glimmer Paper
- Scrap for punched heart
- Take chipboard and cover top with Tombo Mono Glue
- Apply paper on top and set aside and allow to dry
- Once dry take your paper snips and trim off excess paper.
Tips & Tricks
- Sand off extra pieces with sanding block, for smaller pieces use the files from the distressing kit. These are very handy when you are dealing with the inside of a letter!
- To "finish" edges, gently sponge with coordinating ink. On this project the edges are inked with Pretty in Pink ink.
- Fold cardbase in half.
- Emboss Early Espresso piece in Big Shot using Polkadot Embossing Folder. Attach to card base using SNAIL.
- Run Whisper White piece through Big Shot using Scallop Square.
- Stamp greeting towards bottom using Early Espresso Ink. Attach square to cardbase using SNAIL.
- Attach finished chipboard heart to scallop square using glue dots.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
The Occasions Mini catalog is here! There's so many great new products that you will absolutely love. This card features a new must-have stamp set, You're a Gem (W122268/C122270) that is packed full of great sayings. The key is also a new offering – Trinket Keys (121892) which come in a package of four different keys. Don't you love how these two items go together so perfectly for a great valentine's or anniversary card?
If you are on my mailing list, you should be receiving the mini catalog in the mail shortly, and if not, let me know and I'll get one in the mail to you!
Stampin' Up Supply List
- Stamps: You're a Gem (W122268/C122270)
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler (119669)
- Paper: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650), Basic Black (121045)
- Accessories: Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115615), Trinket Keys (121892) Linen Thread (104199), Mini Glue Dots (106683), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting System (113439), Vintage Wall Paper Embossing Folder (120175), Scalloped Heart of Heart Sizzlit (117332), Full Heart Punch (119883)
- Cut Basic Black to 5.5 x 8.5 and fold in half.
- Cut Very Vanilla to 5.25 x 4 and run through Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Folder.
- Stamp greeting in Cherry Cobbler on a scrap of Very Vanilla, punch out with Full Heart Punch and set aside.
- Run piece of Cherry Cobbler through Big Shot using Heart Embosslit. Attach punched heart to Big Shot one using SNAIL.
- Tuck left edge of ribbon under and attach using SNAIL. Carefully attach ribbon to embossed panel using glue dots to about the half way point.
- Take a piece of linen thread and tie a bow, and include the key.
- Affix the rest of the ribbon using glue dots, trim edge on an angle and leave it so it over hangs.
- Attach embossed panel to card base using SNAIL.
- Attach heart to finished card using Stampin' Dimensionals